Research indicates that people learn abstract, new, and novel ideas more quickly when presented in verbal and visual form (Salomon, 1979). Other empirical analysis shows that visual media make concepts more accessible to a person than text media and help after recall (Cowen, 1984).
In Willingham’s (2009) study, he asks, “Why do students remember everything on television and forget what we lecture?” — because optical media helps students retain ideas and ideas.
Bransford, Browning, and Cocking (1999, p 194) also mention technology’s critical role in creating learning settings that extend the chances of one-way communication media. Such as films, documentaries, television shows, and music, to new extents that require interactive learning, like visualizations and student-created ranges.
The Advantages of Utilizing Media:
- Many media references (feature films, music videos, visualizations, and news stories) have a high production quality capable of quickly showcasing complex ideas. This helps develop quantitative reasoning. Learn about this process using the Teaching Quantitative Reasoning with the News method.
- Media presents both cognitive and affective experiences. It can stimulate conversation, an assessment of one’s values, and an inspection of self if the scenes have strong emotional content.
- The use of media sources helps link learners with culturally appropriate events. As a result, a favorable consequence of utilizing media is that educators must keep their materials and instances up-to-date.
- News narratives can connect theories taught in the classroom with authentic world events and guidelines.
The Advantages of Media for Students:
- Famous media (films, music, YouTube) are familiar mediums to students that help gain attention and support student curiousness about the theories and concepts under discussion. Students can see the approaches and ideas in action —theories and notions bound from the screen in more than a symbolic sense.
- Students can sharpen their analytical skills by examining media using the theories and ideas they are studying.
- Media usage in the classroom allows students to see concepts and new examples when watching television, watching movies with friends, or listening to music.
- Students can participate significantly in worlds beyond their own if the media differs sharply from their local environment.
All people learn about this world’s facts, norms, and other details through the content they consume and the movies they watch. An individual who has spent many years in the film industry directing and producing many hit pieces has said the same thing in today’s world. This individual is our inspiration for our write-up today.
Taiwo Oduala is a great and legendary filmmaker – Director, producer, Actor, model, and entertainment executive with a reputation and a Kind-hearted God-fearing man. Professionally he is attributed with the following titles; filmmaking, Tv productions, music label and productions, humanitarian foundation, entertainment executive financier, and an award system to reward humanitarian and excellence called Afro awards. Owner and operator of Oduataj farms.
An exceptionally prolific Film Director, Taiwo Oduala, is a various Award winner and alumnis of Colorado film school. He has 30 years of experience in the entertainment industry and has been Directing for 25years.
Writing For Comedy
The Merchant of Venice: Tragedy or Comedy
Screenwriting Technique #4 – 10 Story Techniques You Must Use to Sell Your Script