Being happy doesn’t have to be as complicated as we sometimes make it out to be. There’s no magic bullet and you don’t have to make big changes. It can be as simple as doing new things that make you feel good.
A walk in the park, taking a fun class, planting a garden, painting a room a new color, or volunteering to help someone in need are all activities that can shift your energy and bring a smile to your face.
Decide to do one new thing every day, every week or every month. You may make new friends and more than likely, you’ll discover new things you really enjoy doing.
Here are 6 ways you can increase your happiness; and you can start doing them today:
1. Live in the present moment! Too often we spend time looking to the future or dwelling on the past, but focusing on the present moment is essential for feeling good about yourself today.
2. Do things that inspire you and make you smile! Seek out inspiring experiences every day. Find motivating quotes, listen to inspirational music, audio and video recordings.
Put on some great music and dance like no one is watching whenever possible! These activities will raise your energies and inspire exciting, new ideas.
3. Make time to connect with your Higher Self! Take time each day to sit quietly and listen to your inner voice so you can gain clarity about your intention and life purpose.
4. Surround yourself with positive, loving friends and family! Positivity, happiness and joy are contagious. So is negativity and drama. Avoid the drama kings and queens whenever possible and spend more time with kings and queens of joy and happiness.
Surround yourself with people who truly want the best for you and embrace an attitude of joy and gratitude.
5. Stay focused on the good and abundance in your life! Count your blessings. Choose to see the bright, positive side of things. Focus on what’s right with your life, even the little things like hearing your favorite music, a bright clear sky on a sunny day, having clean clothes to wear. It’ll help you to appreciate your accomplishments and have more gratitude for what you have.
6. Create variety in your life! Routines can get boring and create stagnation. It suppresses your creativity and depletes your energy. So, do little things to spice it up! Take a different route home from work, eat at a new restaurant, do something you’ve always wanted to do, but never seem to find the time to do.
These little ‘steps’ will encourage you to step outside of your ‘comfort zone’ more often and push those boundaries that limit your life experiences. So, take a deep breath… and go for it!
Could This Be Your Life Purpose? The Nurturer
More from Hollywood North
Storytelling For Leaders – Ten Steps to Inspire Action